1. What do you think ______solve the problem?
A. you can do B. can you do
C. you can do to D. can you do to
2. In the past he often made his sister____, but now he is often made ___by his sister.
A. to cry; to cry B. cry; cry
C. to cry; cry D. cry; to cry
3. The teacher told us that the sun ____in the east.
A. rises B. rose C. raises D. raised
4. He lives in a village _____there are a lot of trees.
A. there B. where C. that D. which
5. He _________ Alice for ten years.
A .married to B. has married to
C. has married D. has been married to
6. We need fifteen more people _____our team to do the job.
A. but B. except C. as well D. besides
7. They won’t allow us ________ at this beach.
A. swimming B. to swim C. swam D. swim
8. Is this factory ______you visited last week?
A. that B. where C. the one D. in which
9. The reason ____he was absent from the meeting was ____his car broke down on the way.
A. that; because B. why; that C. that; that D. for; that
10. Is the river_____ through that town very large?
A. which flows B. flows C. that flowing D. whose flows
11. The teacher told me that the students I wanted to see were seen___ football on the playground just now.
A、 playing B、 to be playing C、 play D、 to play
12.The red rose is the only one _____I real like.
A、 which B、 who C、 that D、 whom
13. All the apples _____ fell down were eaten by the pigs.
A、 those B、 which C、 what D、 that
14. Don’t forget the day ______you were received into the Youth League.
A、 when B、 that C、 at which D、 where
15. I prefer________ at home to ______outside.
A、 staying, playing B、 to stay, play
C、 staying, play D、 to stay, playing
16. How many ____________ (猴子) does the zoo have ?
17. He listens to the teacher as ___________(仔细) as his cousin.
18. The old man lived in a __________(not quiet) street, so he couldn’t sleep well every day.
19. W___________ (the fourth day in a week) is my busiest day.
20. My ideal school starts at 9:00 a.m. and f_________ at 3:00 p.m..
21. Look! One of the children __________(swim)in the lake.
22. Lily is much __________(health) than her sister.
23. They _________(fly) to the UK, didn’t they ?
24. Is _________(eat) too much good or bad for your body ?
25. Mr. Lee _______________ (give) us a talk on the history of China tomorrow, isn’t he?
"Where is the university?" This is a question that many visitors to Cambridge(剑桥)ask. But no one can give them a __(26)__answer, for there is no wall to be found _(27)___ the university. The university is the city. You can find classroom buildings, __(28)__, museums and offices of the university all over the city. And most of its members are the students and_(29)__ of the thirty-one colleges(学院).
Cambridge was already a_(30)_ town long before the first students and teachers arrived 800 years ago. It grew up by the river Granta, and the river was once __(31)__ the Cam. A__(32)__ was built over the river as early as 875，so the town got its name "Cambridge".
In the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries more and more land was used for college buildings. The town grew much __(33)__ in the nineteenth century after the opening of the railway in 1845.Cambridge became a__(34)__ in 1951 and now it has a population of over 100,000. Many young students in other countries_(35)_ to study at Cambridge.
( ) 26. A. true B. clear C. right D. wrong
( ) 27. A. around B. in C. near D. about
( ) 28. A. cinemas B. libraries C. zoos D. parks
( ) 29. A. parents B. farmers C. teachers D. doctors
( ) 30. A. interesting B. old C. new D. usual
( ) 31. A. said B. called C. spoken D. talked
( ) 32. A. bridge B. building C. station D. house
( ) 33. A. smaller B. slower C. slowly D. faster
( ) 34. A. city B. college C. country D. village
( ) 35. A. stop B. hate C. hope D. dislike